Thursday, December 16, 2010

4 more White Christmas-es

Wow, the month is flying by! So glad to be on the last week of WC, it has been fun working with everyone but it isn't my favorite show. I do feel like I have improved quite a bit on clarinet and sax though.

The orchestra concert was a reasonable success - more ticket sales than they expected and we made ALMOST as much as they had hoped on the raffle. It is just sad how much we are struggling to stay alive here. Hopefully things will look up next year. The music was ok in the end, no actual ORCHESTRA music, but for a pops concert it was ok. Of course, in the past this hasn't been a pops concert (or at least 1/2 has always been legit); but if that's what it takes...

Hopefully we will be picking the next season in January. It is fun to be on the committee that proposes the schedule, I always try to suggest at least one good oboe piece! We also have our benefit ball in January - I'll probably get to play my sax for something...

No comments: