Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bells bells bells

Can't believe I have to go to bells now, D is getting dropped off right at 5 at Jim's work - then I'm rushing over to church to set up. Usually only one person comes early to set up (they are supposed to either come early or stay after) and he is great - he likes to play duety things with me. I'm hoping we can play in church soon, but he has to get more comfortable. Also it would be good if I learned my part! We are set to play on Sunday, AND I think I'm also playing oboe. I guess I should confirm that...

Sadly, we have to tear down the setup because there is a memorial service on Saturday - I love when nothing big is going on and we can just leave our HEAVY tables and junk in the sanctuary until Sunday. At least we don't have to lug them all the way downstairs - just behind the wall. I probably never mentioned that our elevator is "out of use" because some brilliant soul never got it certified (or whatever) and now there are huge fines and it must be brought "up to code"; which basically means no elevator, and me and the little old ladies (LOLs) have to lug 5 cases of bells and 8 heavy tables up the stairs! Rant rant rant.

No comments: