Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bells n recorders

Last night's bell rehearsal was actually WAY better than expected! Yay. We are playing "Wizards of Winter" by the TransSiberian Orchestra, although in the bulletin we put something ambiguous like "Winter Piece". Some people at church get offended by wizards, I don't really get it. But whatever.

I had plenty of ringers (what a joy) and I asked one to play keyboard and she surpassed my wildest dreams. I feel much better about the whole thing now. We are also doing "In the Bleak Midwinter" and "Away in a Manger" but those are just 1 page chord arrangements, no fancy stuff. Should be great - we have until Dec 9 (coming all too soon!)

Then today my horn playing friend, whose son goes to the same school as D called. I thought she wanted to carpool to orchestra tonight, but she is sick and she wanted me to sub for her as recorder teacher for the 3rd graders (4 students). Kinda fun although I could have gone for an hour (instead of 1/2), I always have so much knowledge to impart! Made me want to play my recorders - I never have learned the alto in the right key (it is down a 5th, but soprano is basically just like the oboe). Would be fun to do a consort for church or something. Like I have time to organize that~ we'll see! Orchestra tonight, doing Lt. Kije and our world premier jazz piano concerto, fun fun fun!

No comments: