Tuesday, February 12, 2008

frustration

So I spent about an hour at church figuring out who would play which parts for the next couple of bell services; and when I got home someone had called and said they were "opting out" of the next service! *sigh* This is my fault because I tell them they can do this if they let me know, and of course people get sick or go on vacation etc, but you CAN'T play the bells with people missing! Argh. It is not fair to the rest of the people, either. Maybe I can take the top part and move everyone down (since it usually doesn't have much), but I had planned this very carefully with different people's abilities in mind.
*grumble grumble*

On a happier note, I got H (director of music, organist and my boss) a lovely azalia from the bell choir (and me) just to thank her for helping us out all the time. Then I thought I should also get something for K (church secretary) since she does EVERYTHING and I found these cute little valentine votive candle holders for $4. She always has candles in the office so it was perfect. I felt better about the whole valentine experience after that. It is kind of a stupid holiday, but why not use it to tell people you appreciate them?

No comments: