Saturday, January 12, 2008

Catch up

Can't believe it has been so long since I posted - so to review: Sunday went well at church. I got to play three times and my reed was respectable.

Then I submerged into sickness again until Wednesday when I was forced to come out and do bell choir. The scary new thing was working with the kids (2nd -5th grade), when I got there I was informed there would be 16-20 kids, twice what I had thought. But it went pretty well, most don't have any music background beyond rote singing. I was going to try color coding the songs, but since we didn't get to any songs I still haven't tried that. Maybe next week. HOPEFULLY I will actually meet with the children's director this week, we seem to have trouble connecting.

Bells was surprisingly good - two more ringers than I had expected! Which is great, since I am hoping to do some harder music this year so we can play at the Spring Ring. No one screamed in protest, so I assume they have forgotten how hard the last massed ring was.

No comments: