Friday, March 7, 2008

Must...Stay...Calm...

hahahaha. Need human qualudes, think soothing thoughts...

How does my life get so complicated? This Sunday I have invited a bell choir to play at our church (they are on tour), and this morning they informed me that the men's quartet needs 4 mics. Apparently this is a big deal - we don't have that kind of set up, not that I have any clue about sound systems. AND, our sound guy wasn't even planning to come to the concert - I never thought it would be an issue! There is a no-brainer kind of sound system but you can't mix the sound if you use it, and if you want mixed sound you need one of the sound guys ($$$). This shouldn't really be my problem, but somehow I feel that it is.

Also I'm playing two concerts, before that concert Sunday night, I have a rehearsal Sat morning, I'm playing in church (fun soloy stuff - Gabriels oboe and a trio with strings) AND I have to take 5 elementary school kids skating on the field trip today. My cousin-in-law is coming and I have a lesson for which I need to make at least two reeds on Monday, and our big orchestra concert is Friday and I have no reeds (although hopefully the Monday thing will fix that). I'm sure there is more, but that is my rant for the moment. I feel better, you?

No comments: