Saturday, October 6, 2007

reeds reeds reeds

It is a beautiful fall day today - but I am feeling very virutous working away indoors. Lots of laundry and moving D's closet into the new space my dad put in, but also I am making my 2 reeds of the week. I can't believe how hard it is to fit in just 2 reeds; but every week I get to the weekend and think, what has happened to my time??? I am glad I am having lessons on Mondays because that lets me cram on the weekend, and of course I can just take a week off if things get busy (aren't they always?) but being accountable for playing something every week is really good for me. Hopefully that is showing in my playing.

2 comments:

Jillian Camwell said...

2 reeds?! I'm impressed. At this stage, I'm lucky if I'll get 2 reeds made in 2 or 3 weeks. Tell me that will get easier once the baby arrives!!! Ha!

Jill Cathey said...

HAHAHAHAHA! You know, MY baby is almost SIX now! I had planned to use reeds made by my colleague in town for only a year or so, just to make it easier...