Wednesday, May 23, 2007

a miracle!

As always I am trying to loose weight, been going to the gym about 5 times a week; especially now that my insane schedule has loosened up a bit. I thought I really needed to be more rigorous on my diet (that has been slipping); so I got on the scale and I had lost 4 pounds! YAY! I am now at 179 (I will put that here since no one seems to be reading this blog anyway). For ages I was around 170 and then last fall I gained 28 pounds...so my goal is to reach 160 by late August (pictures) and 140(ish) by the end of the year. The August goal is perhaps a bit unrealistic, but I'm not going to kill myself. Just the last time we had family pictures I looked pregnant (and wasn't).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...but somebody does read your blog... :-) Congrats on the weight loss.

Patty said...

I read. And congrats! I've gained weight this past year (I think it's partially an age thing) and I'm nearing what I weighed when I was pregnant with our first child, 25 years ago. Sigh. It's more and more difficult to lose weight, I must say. Fortunately, at 5'8", I tend to hide weight gain fairly well, and I'm still a size 10 or 12, so I guess it's okay. But still ... I'd prefer getting back to 135 or 140. (And to think I was 115 when I got married. Double sigh.)