Sunday, May 6, 2007

more more more

I was really surprised last night at how much I actually played in the Schumann First Sym. I guess that means I wasn't prepared, although I thought it went very well. So fun to finally have a second oboe - we had tons of stuff together and it made a huge difference in sound.

Today my students played on a recital - they both did great! My other guy wasn't able to play. I get nervous for them, and it is so silly but I even breathe for them! One more thing off the list.

I must practice now - I am supposed to have all these excerpts for G tomorrow, but I haven't had a moment to practice THAT, need to go through the opera and WS music. But it is a beautiful day and I would like to just lay around...we'll see if instincts overcome obligations!

No comments: