Saturday, April 21, 2007

the end and the beginning

Today I played a funeral, and does anyone else have this happen in church? I was playing GREAT! Not to be blasphemous or anything, but it was like God was playing right though me. Such a great experience. I love when that happens.

And best of all, the personnel manager of Big Symphony was also playing (unbeknownst to me) and she said I should audition for the sub list again after she heard me play! I was thinking of doing that anyway - last time I auditioned I had two days to prepare (yes two) and the list was the same as they use for the first oboe auditions (so all our favs - La Scala, Tombeau and *13* others!!!). So maybe I'll try again, they are playing something with five oboe players (two eh doubles) so maybe I have a chance.

No comments: