Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

I hit the Mozart pretty hard yesterday - it seemed to go ok. (tomorrow being the big day and all) Students did fine, although we are revving up for their recital (May 6) my flaky one just remembered he's getting wisdom teeth out on the 4th, so he won't be playing.

My biggest thrill today was that I actually made the doublereed forum - Delmar Williams posted my concert!!! http://www.doublereed.org/IDRSBBS/viewtopic.php?id=1572

I played one of my own reeds last night - it is a bit stuffy but pretty good. I was kinda excited, but mostly I'm glad to be going to Gs house to pick up two new reeds this morning. I'm addicted to his reeds, they are so great and I don't have to do anything!

Will actually see him tonight playing Carmina Burana. Jim and I are actually going on a date! So K is coming up to sing, and she will spend the night (probably two) and come to my concert tomorrow (after our much more important hair/nail appointment at the place my quintet played last week). So I will try to get through it a couple more times, but I guess it's basically find a reed time.

No comments: