Saturday, March 10, 2007

New Day

Ok, everything does get better after the performance! While it was not my best playing, it was ok...maybe the weather is affecting my reeds? Seems like even the really responsive ones are just not speaking in the lower range - especially when I have to sstart softly. This always USED to be a big problem for me, but I thought I had it licked. Guess not!

Now I'm off to Solo and Ensemble - my student is playing for the first time! I am nervous too, I guess I'll bring my oboe and tools just in case she needs something. And music with accompaniment...I'm such a nerd! At least I don't have to play.

I realized after playing last night that most of those kids are going on to professional careers as soloists, and I'm just not going to be in the same league with them (much as I wish I could be!) The 14-year-old who played the Tchaikowsky (memorized of course) was really amazing - they all were! So many notes. Ah well. Back to my little nasty Mozart *sigh*. I another month I will NEVER play classical period solos again!!!!!

No comments: